JHA offers year-round horseback riding lessons to all riding levels for ages 8 and up specializing in hunters, jumpers and equitation. Lessons are offered as private, semi-private or group lessons. We have a variety of lesson horses that are available to fit the need of each individual rider, however advanced riders are encouraged to look into lease or ownership options in order to further your riding career. Riders are also taught basic horsemanship including how to groom, tack and care for the horses they ride. This encourages self confidence, and a bond with the horses that can last a life time. Our riders learn safe and proper riding technique, focusing on building a solid foundation in the saddle.
Half lease options are also available for intermediate riders as part of our lesson program. A half lease includes 2 "lease ride" days per week, this is not considered a lesson as it is not guided by our instructor.
Group Lessons - $35 (1 hour)
Private Lessons - $40 (1/2 hour)
Semi Privates - $35 (45 minutes)
Half Lease of lesson horse- $350/month
Leah Palmer has been a professional in the horse industry for 15+ years. As a junior rider Leah successfully competed in the hunters, jumpers and equitation divisions. Since her junior career Leah developed her professional career with a passion for teaching and sharing her love for horses with others. Leah's dedication to JHA and this sport ensures that every horse and rider step into the ring happy, healthy, and confident every day.
Lesson Policies and Procedures
- Lessons must be paid for by cash or check at the time of the lesson.
- Riders are required to show up a minimum of 30 minutes before their lesson in order to prepare themselves and their horse. This includes grooming and tacking up. If you show up late and are unable to be on the horse by the start time of your lesson, your lesson will still end at the allotted time slot in order to keep us on schedule.
- Riders must also allow 30 minutes after the lesson to properly cool out and groom the horse.
- All tack and grooming supplies must be properly put away after your lesson.
- JHA provides both horse and rider equipment including proper head gear. Riders are required to wear long pants and shoes with a slight heel.
- If you are unable to attend a lesson JHA requires 24 hour advanced notice. Not giving proper notice will result in a no show fee equal to the value of your lesson.