JHA offers a fun and educational experience for children over the summer from July-August. Campers participate in daily riding instruction, as well as learn the basics of grooming, bathing, tacking, barn management, horsemanship, and other daily fun activities.
2023 Camp Dates
Signing up for Camp
Please read all the information provided below prior to signing up for camp.
- Camp runs for six weeks, sign up and pricing is based on a 5 day week (Monday-Friday).
- Sign up is based on a first come, first serve basis. If you are signing up and see that there is only one spot left available for that week, the spot will be given to whichever application arrives first. If that spot is filled, you will be notified and we will do our best to fit your child into another available week.
- Campers must be older than 6 years old
- A deposit must be left in order to hold a spot. We CAN NOT hold a spot without a deposit, camp fills up very quickly and we have limited space.
- In addition to signing up for camp, you will need to fill out a Rider Release form and the New rider form provided below.
- Please send a bagged lunch and snack with your child, lunch is not provided.
- For the hot days we do have a water slide, the Water Slide Waiver below must be signed in order for campers to use the slide. If using the slide campers should bring a bathing suit and towel.
Sign Up Form
Deposit checks can be made out and mailed to:
JHA Riding Academy
5940 Veeder Road
Slingerlands, NY, 12159
Forms & Waivers
Please print out the forms below and bring them along with your full payment on the first day of camp.